Before I start on my “11 Things” Survey from Erica, I wanted to share a recipe that I made for “Mini Maple Pancake Muffins“. They just came out of the oven and taste exactly like chocolate chip pancakes! The combination of the muffins and my Maple Pancake candle smelled so good!
Here is how the “11 Things” Survey works:
#1: You must post these rules.
#2: Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me:
1. I was a pitcher for a fast-pitch tournament softball team for a few years in my early teens. I had to “retire” after a shoulder injury and surgery my freshman year of high school.
2. My favorite celebrity growing up was Debbie Gibson. I had all of her CDs, and I even saw her on Broadway in “Grease”.
3. I had a big crush on Phillies catcher Mike Lieberthal when I was a kid. I had a picture with him in the Clubhouse after a game, and I was star-struck! My parents just met him in Florida last week, and I was jealous!
4. I did an exchange program to Germany when I was in high school, and I really want to go back. I took five years of German in school, and I still keep in touch with my exchange family.
5. My mom and I often get the “mother/daughter or sisters?” question from random strangers.
6. Even though I am a coffee lover, I usually have no more than one mug at breakfast and one in the afternoon. I am currently drinking a Pumpkin Spice K-cup with Silk French Vanilla creamer!
7. For someone who loves to cook and bake now, I survived off of tuna sandwiches and Lean Cuisines in college and my first year of PA school.
8. I eat basically the same breakfast and lunch every single day. I want to switch up my usual oatmeal in the morning with eggs and try to avoid eating so much lunch meat and processed foods.
9. My favorite stores are the LOFT and Express. I am really excited to go to the LOFT outlet soon. I love their clothes and accessories!
10. I am going to Mexico for the first time for a wedding this summer, and I am already thinking about what clothes I want to pack. Too early?😉
11. Finally, I would like to share some good news with you! I will be a Gastroenterology Physician Assistant starting next month! I am really looking forward to this job, and I am so excited about all of the opportunities that are possible within this practice. It is very possible that I will also be able to incorporate nutrition into my role in the future. I can’t wait to share my experiences along the way!
Anyone else a “Relax” Riesling fan?
1. When is your dream vacation locale? I would love to visit Greece at one point in the future. It looks beautiful!!
2. What’s your favorite movie of all time? I would have to say “Now and Then”. I think it is such a cute movie!
3. If you could have lunch with any person, who would it be? This is random, but I would love to have lunch with Bethenny Frankel. I think she is such a great business woman, and I would love to talk to her about nutrition and fitness. She would be hilarious to meet in person, too! Obviously, there are more, but she came to mind for this question!
4. If you weren’t working in the career field you’re in now, what other occupation would you enjoy? I could also see myself working as a Dietitian. I would enjoy nutrition counseling in both the office and hospital setting.
5. Dog person or cat person? Definitely a dog person. I am the crazy dog lady who takes too many pictures of Dodger.😉
6. What’s one big change you foresee in your life in the next 5 years? I hope to get settled into a career in the next 5 years. Since I’ve been a student basically my whole life, the “working world” will be a big change for me!
7. What’s your favorite way to get in a workout? (A long gym session, walking the dog, 3 15-minute sessions throughout the day, etc.)? I try to fit in one of my favorite exercise DVDs when I get the chance. If I am really short on time, I’ll look through On Demand to find a quick workout. I would prefer to get my workout done in one session rather than having it on my “to do” list.
8. What’s the last good book you read? I just finished the “Hunger Games”. I hope to finish the second book of the trilogy tonight. I love it, and I’m looking forward to the movie coming out this March.
9. Are you a sports fanatic? Yes, I love my Philadelphia sports teams, especially the Phillies!
10. What’s your favorite “special” breakfast? (When you have extra time to prepare something or go out to eat.)? My favorite special breakfast is definitely our Main Stay French Toast casserole. It’s been a hit with both family and friends!
11. Did you play any sports growing up? I played softball in my early teens, as well as field hockey in middle school. I was a singles tennis player in high school.
My Questions for YOU:
1. What is your absolute favorite food/drink to make?
2. What is your typical breakfast?
3. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Or neither?
4. Do you usually follow recipes when you are cooking and baking, or do you make up your own?
5. What are your fashion staples in your closet?
6. Where are your favorite store to shop?
7. What magazines do you love to read?
8. What are your favorite things to do when you have free time?
9. Which celebrity would you like to meet in person?
10. What are your goals for 2012?
11. What is your go-to workout when you are short on time?
I would like to tag:
-Alyssa at Fashion Fitness Foodie
-Heather at Girly Ever After
-Kim at Eat, Live, and Blog
-Kristen at Confessions of a (Not-So) Domesticated Newlywed
-Shannon at Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy
How would you answer some of these questions?